The Highland Park Baptist Church History

August 8, 1949 was the first organizational meeting of Highland Park Baptist Church. Fifity Five charter members met that day in order to establish a christain influence in this area of Kilgore.

On August 25, 1985 there was a unanimous vote by 71 members to erect a building. It was three years later on August 14, 1988 that vision became a reality when the first worship service was held in the new building. On May 28, 1989 the building was dedicated to the Lord.

Pastors of Highland Park Baptist Church

  • Claude Miller
  • L.J.Stotts
  • Charles Foxworth
  • Roy Blair
  • Jack Coker
  • James Byrd
  • Hogan Dodd
  • Byron Allen
  • Richard Vaughn
  • Jimmy Salles
  • David Appleby
  • James B. McLeroy
  • Mack Spinks
  • Riley Pippen
  • Brandon Cochran